A human touch can mean a lot of things. Love, sincerity and gentle touches can reduce some illnesses. A massage is a part of a touch which needs by most people. Pregnant women also need this touch through prenatal massage by a professional. However, it should be done by a professional massage therapist to give benefits. Reduction of stress hormone. Massage also reduces stress hormone, dopamine and serotonin levels which cause depression. As a result, the risk of complication during pregnancy and birth as well as low birth weight level is also reducing.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massages
- The massage helps the body in eliminating waste products through the lymphatic and circulatory systems. This helps fighting fatigue and gives the mother more energy.
- It can relieve stress, depression, anxiety caused by the hormonal changes in a mother’s body.
- Muscular discomforts like stiffness, cramping, tension, tightening, knots, etc. can all be alleviated.
- It helps reduce leg cramps, headaches, swollen ankles, backaches, edema, sore feet, stiff necks, etc.
- Lessens Sciatic pain
- Aids the body and mind to relax which in turn helps cure insomnia.
- Increases blood circulation which brings more oxygen and essential nutrients to the fetus and mother thus increasing overall vitality and better nourishment for the baby.
- It increases flexibility and loosens tense muscles. Increased flexibility will be required during the last trimester and the birth as well.
- Relaxed mothers are researched to have healthier and happier babies for which you need to relax and sleep well. Massages help you do just that.
- Improves immune system
- Stimulates the liberation of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers and are also known as happy hormones. This reduces nervous tension and keeps you happy.
- Massage can be used during the birth for an easy delivery, and it also helps the new mother regain her strength quickly and eases postpartum stress.
When you are pregnant, you should carry out pregnancy massage thoroughly to benefit from the above benefits. Both the mother and the fetus.